Followers

Featured Post

Sunday Song and Rhyme March 3 - 16

  This challenge has no sponsors, but you do have the opportunity to win a top 3 badge. Also, you can still enter your card (one only) to Th...

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Sunday Song & Rhyme: September 18th - October 1st

Welcome to the Outlawz Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge!

A big thank you to everyone for their entries last challenge. We do enjoy seeing how everyone interprets the song/Rhyme! They were all fantastic! The Winner will be announced

SUSAN'S CHALLENGE FAVORITE:

By Suze who said

I was inspired by the song at The Outlawz Sunday Challenge to create a card. I have used a dictionary page paper and a slate board in a nod to the school lessons. The main color image is inspired by the line "Through The park and by the tree" There is also a bug peeking out from the dictionary page - "and look at all the bugs we found".

Congratulations on having your card/project chosen as the favorite! If you would like to Guest DT for the next challenge, please contact Cara Malmrose at cdmalmrose@gmail.com with SS&R Favorite, Guest DT in the Subject line!

To play in this challenge you do not have to follow the Song/Rhyme to the letter. We only ask that you find something in the song or rhyme to inspire your card/project and that you tell us what your inspiration was in your blog post. (This is required to be eligible for the prize)

Our sponsor for this month is Oddball Art
With a prize of a $10.00 coupon to the store!


Please show a little love and visit their shops

Now on to the challenge!

Our Song/Rhyme this fortnight is from Susan

Antigonish [I met a man who wasn't there]
HUGHES MEARNS

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...
When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn't see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door... (slam!)
Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF YOU DO NOT TELL US WHAT INSPIRED YOU, YOUR CARD/PROJECT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE DRAW!

INSPIRATION FROM THE DESIGN TEAM

Lorie using creepy-cute-whimsical-halloween-haunted-house-image-474
inspired by the line "I met a man who wasn't there".


Margaret using creepy-cute-whimsical-halloween-haunted-house-image-474.
Inspired by the line "I met a man who wasn't there".


Nan using creepy-cute-whimsical-halloween-haunted-house-image-474 and spooky-cute-bed-sheet-ghost-image-254
I used the Haunted House and Spooky Cute Bed Sheet Ghosts being inspired by "Last night I saw upon the stair, A little man who wasn't there"


Susan using creepy-cute-whimsical-halloween-haunted-house-image-474
I have used the Haunted House image to add a page to my Halloween junk journal for this year... The poem reminds me of a haunted house with a ghost on the stair "I met a man who wasn't there". The page opens to reveal a ghost.


Cara using Digi Stamp Creepy Cute Halloween Bats Mummy Ghost & Frankenstein Image No 84
Inspired by the lines I met a man who wasn't there He wasn't there again today I wish, I wish he'd go away... Made me think of ghosties and what better way to "go away" than use wings!



Currently there are two ways to win a prize from The Outlawz Challenges

1. This challenge has Sponsors that you can win prizes from and will be announced at the end of the challenge period. Please make sure you read and understand the rules for this Challenge.

You are allowed up to three (3) entries per challenge but only one of them can be entered into the drawing for the monthly site wide prize drawing.

No backlinking. Any projects posted on your blog/online gallery before the start date of a challenge should not be entered and will not be eligible for prizes.

Please post your own creations only to the challenges.

2. We have sitewide Sponsors that you can win prizes from as well. All you have to do is enter one card/project into a linky on the MAIN blog located HERE. Winners are chosen via Random.org and announced on the 15th of each month.

• You can only enter a card/project that you entered into a concurrent Outlawz Challenge.
• You can only enter a specific card/project one time.

If you use Instagram and post your card/project, please use #theoutlawzchallenges

If you haven’t already, please join our Outlawz Challenges Facebook FAN Page and The Outlawz Challenges MAIN blog to stay up on all the challenges taking place!

Thanks for playing!




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful design team samples. I enjoyed playing in this challenge. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete